Monday, December 28, 2015

As the Year Ends

This year has been full of ups and downs. Weight loss hasn't been all I hoped it would be. I have added a few pounds over the holidays. It is a struggle when you are a stress eater. All in all, the year has been a pretty good one though. Some relationships are closer. Others still need work. Then there are those relationships that have been walked away from. I trust that all of this is for a reason.

This coming year our Word of the Year is going to be intentional.

As I think over 2015, there are somethings I wish to carry over into 2016. I have always hated new year resolutions. Each year I try to set realistic goals for myself. I will do the same this year.

1. I want to be more intentional in my walk with God. This year I have backslidden a lot from where I'd like to be. We have occasionally tried out new churches, but not like we should. I want to be intentional in my own walk, in finding a church, in the way I teach my children to see God, in trying to find a home church.

2. I want to be more intentional in the relationship with my husband. He and I are in an amazing place right now. He and I are as different as night and day, though. He likes hard rock (Christian), I like Contemporary Christian/ Southern Gospel. He likes Star Wars, Sci-fi, etc. While I like Amish novels, love stories and girlie things. We do have areas of similarity, but I want to be more intentional in finding areas of common ground this year.

3. I want to be more intentional with my emotional and physical health. I refuse to set a weight loss goal for the year, but I want to take small steps to become healthier. I want to be intentional in the time I spend to better myself.

4. I want to spend this year being intentional with my children. Instead of allowing life to get away with me, I want the interactions with my children to be intentional. Instead of playing referee, I want my children to learn to love each other in a way they haven't yet. I want to take the time to rediscover my children's desires, hopes and dreams. I want to do more outings as a family as well as individual-relationship building activities. Time goes so fast. I don't want to miss a moment.

5. I want to spend the year growing closer to my parents. The first couple years, I spent with my bonus mama and Dad, I made sure I called them every week. I took the time to find out more about them. The past year, I failed many ways as a daughter so I want to spend the next year being a daughter that I can be proud of.

6. I want to be intentional in the relationships with those in my life.

7. I want to be intentional with my time and energy. I have so little of both, I don't want to waste either with things or people who do not care about me or are not good for me.

8. I want to find a new hobby. Something that makes me happy.

9. I want to be intentional in my homeschool. I want to focus on finding the learning styles of my children and watch them flourish as they pursue their academic passions.


No comments:

Post a Comment