Saturday, July 27, 2013

Flare

The past two weeks I have felt really good.  I've had a bit of tiredness, but all in all things were pretty good for me.  I was getting really excited.


Today we had some errands to run and had planned to head to Gatlinburg for the day. I should've known better. I woke up and felt like I couldn't move.  All I wanted to do was stay in bed.  That wasn't an option, though. I got up and got a shower, got the kids ready and we were on our way.  By the time I had finished running my errands, I looked at John and told him I jut couldn't make the trip to Gatlinburg.


We decided to try to take the kids to see Turbo.  That didn't go well either.  Jewel-Anne and Isaiah decided they were allergic to sitting in their seats so we got a refund, bought a couple DVDs at Walmart and came home.


I had hoped that I would be able to get to bed early.  It's Saturday so I had to stay up to wake John up for work.  The kids decided that Mama didn't need to rest.  Isaiah fought sleep like crazy tonight.  Jewel-Anne and Liana wouldn't sit still so they went to play in their room for a bit.  It was so past Jewel-Anne's bedtime that she crawled onto my bed and passed out.  Now, Liana is laying on my bed watching Lilo and Stitch.


I have realized I am having a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) flare up.  It's amazing how you don't realize that things are improving until they start to decline again.  I had finally got to the point where I could walk without being out of breath after two steps.  Today, I had John to drop me off at the door of the mall. I didn't even make it across the sidewalk without being winded. While out today, I found that the simplest tasks required way more brain power than usual.


CFS is a monster that does not like to be messed with.  When I try to fight against it, my body rebels against me.  My hope is that this newest flare will be short-lived and I can get back to normal very soon.  I do not have time for this.  There's too much stuff to be done that only I can do.  I'm going to make this week as simple as possible, though. Hopefully, after a couple days of rest things will start to improve.


Blessings,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment