Training is almost over. We started OJT2 on Friday. Our trainer told us Thursday that he'd officially taught us all that he could teach us and that it was time for us to fly. It is bittersweet. I do not do well with change so this transition is going to be a hard one. I have gotten used to sitting in the classroom setting, even though I work from home.
Friday, we took calls all except about an hour of our day. I did pretty well with it. It is faster paced obviously, but I did well, I think. There were a few hiccups, but that is to be expected. We have one more week of training before we head to "the floor" where we will truly be "on our own." We will still have help chat, but we will be real associates and out of training. For the first time I feel like I am going to make it through training.
Friday was interesting. I had some firsts. I got my first transfer to the Emergency Que. That was interesting. I stayed calm and so did my customer. I was proud of us both. I was also proud that I didn't have to contact a manager to help me through the call. I did have a couple calls that I DID need help with, but that is to be expected. Our trainer has told us that if he was taking calls, there are some things that even HE would need to get help for so that makes me feel better.
I have taken the weekend to rest and relax. While I am nervous about this week - we get our final assessment scores (3 calls will be graded to give us this score), we will get our new schedule, we will find out who our coach will be, etc. I am also excited to be able to move on to the next chapter of this stage of life. It is scary not to have the safety net of the training umbrella. Right now if we make a mistake, we have the safety net of being in training so we don't really get blamed for it. Soon, I will be standing on my own two feet and will be completely responsible for myself. That is kind of terrifying, but I just have to trust that I have been taught well and that God is with me. "The will of God won't lead me where the grace of God can't keep me." That is my mantra right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment