I had my first injection of Tymlos last night. I woke up this morning no worse for the wear so I guess I am not allergic to it.
Can I just say that God has given me the best PCP's office? I knew I had an incredible PCP, but his office staff is equally great! Most of the front office staff is awesome. His nurses are great as well. Most of them know me by sight/voice. There are seven people in my family so they see/talk to me often. Yesterday, when my medication was delivered, I called back to leave a message to thank the girls for all of the work they did to get this medication approved for me. Instead of tying up the nurses' line and then having to be transferred to referrals, I talked to the receptionist and asked her if she would just give them both a message for me. I told her how I appreciated all of the work they had done to get this approved for me. They had worked on this for almost two months, I think. It wasn't just THIS medication. We had to go through a couple meds before we found one my insurance "liked." Not only do they work hard for me and my family, I know they have a lot of other patients and they extend the same care to each one of them. In situations like this, I think about the 10 men Jesus healed in the Bible and only 1 came back to thank Him. I always try to be OUTWARDLY appreciative and give honor where it is due when someone does something to help me. I recognize that this is their JOB, but I want them to know that they are SEEN and APPRECIATED. In the grand scheme of things, it may not make a difference to them...but you never know when it may be just the thing they need to hear that day. Either way, it is something God placed on my heart years ago and I try to live out. It is great to be grateful to God for the blessings, things, people He has placed in our lives, but think about the difference you can make in that person's life if you let them know their act of kindness made a difference in your life. You may make their day. Who knows, in some extreme cases, you may even be the reasons they keep going or even get up the next day. I don't know. My rambling may sound crazy to most. These are just my thoughts. Take them and do with them what you will. 
No comments:
Post a Comment