This was a weird week. We were off Monday because of Labor Day. Tuesday we went back into the "classroom" for a bit. We were told they still didn't have our schedule options or our managers. Later that evening, we did get our new schedules. I didn't get the one I wanted, but this one is only 30 minutes earlier so it's not horrible. It was the latest I could pick from. As I write this in the wee hours of Saturday morning, I still have no idea who my manager is.
Wednesday, my first day taking calls as a graduated associate, my internet goes out about 1.5 hours after I got to work. (I work from home.) My husband, who also works from home, called our ISP and found out that they needed to send a tech to our house. They scheduled the appt for the next day (Thursday.) I decided we would run some errands since we couldn't work any way. One of those errands was replacing our modem. It didn't fix the issue, but now we had a fresh modem.
Thursday, while waiting for the tech, our ISP app told John he needed to do a couple things to the modem. These things he'd already done the day before. He did them again, and low and behold, it worked. We were able to cancel the tech. Web has been working since then.
I never received my official training grade. I assume because I am still employed that I passed training (LOL). I am a wee bit upset that I still do not have my manager assignment yet, but I suppose that is what it is.
All in all work is going well. Most days I really enjoy my job. Even on the days I start out not wanting to go to work, when I get "in there" taking calls, I find that I enjoy it. You run into rude people from time to time, but all in all it truly isn't bad. My check is going to suck from missing so much work this week, but it will be normal next go round.
No comments:
Post a Comment